Are you prepared for that BEST wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ever?! They’re chewy, vegan, gluten-free, and so good that they’ve formally develop into considered one of my favourite cookies once I’m in search of a wholesome and nutritious but satisfying deal with.
And folk, what’s life with no little chocolate? To be trustworthy, I’m not certain.
I first got here up with this vegan chocolate chip cookie oatmeal recipe whereas enjoying round within the kitchen late at night time. We normally have dinner at 7 p.m. and by 9 p.m. I am prepared for one thing candy to finish the night time. I’ve an oatmeal that I’ll all the time make, however this time I wished it to be dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free as a result of in all honesty, if I provide you with a recipe for one model, you’ll ask concerning the different. LOLZ.
So inform me what’s higher than a cookie for nearly everybody? Enter these ridiculously good, wholesome OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yummmmmmm.
Substances in wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
The perfect half about this wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe? They’re straightforward to make, solely take 20 minutes, are available in a bowl, and also you most likely have already got all the components for them in your pantry! You want:
- Gluten-free oatmeal: This flour is considered one of my favorites for baking and you may simply make it your self! I’ve included directions on how to do that beneath.
- Gluten free oats: I like to recommend utilizing gluten-free oatmeal on this recipe to make sure the cookies bake correctly and have a scrumptious chew.
- Flaxseed meal: Flaxseed flour baking is a good way to exchange common eggs with a flaxseed egg to maintain them vegan.
- Coconut oil: Just a bit little bit of coconut oil will give these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the correct amount of moisture with out the necessity to use butter.
- Coconut sugar: We sweeten these cookies with all-natural coconut sugar as a substitute of regular, refined sugar.
- Shredded unsweetened coconut: The coconut offers these wholesome oat biscuits a very tasty chew and a little bit pure sweetness.
- vanilla: a should for scrumptious baked items.
- Baking powder & salt: to ensure these bake correctly.
- Chocolate chips: Use your favourite model or hold these oat cookies vegan through the use of non-dairy chocolate chips!
What Makes These Oat Cookies Wholesome?
Conventional oatcakes are made with refined sugar, refined flour, and loads of butter. Nonetheless, these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies don’t comprise butter and are solely sweetened with a little bit coconut sugar.
They arrive out with crispy edges, a chewy heart, and are so completely scrumptious that nobody can inform they’re vegan or gluten free! Remember to coat them with some flaky sea salt for a enjoyable, candy, and salty word.
Learn how to make a flax egg
This recipe requires a flax egg to maintain these oatcakes vegan. In case you’ve by no means made a Flachsegg, it is very straightforward and replaces conventional eggs in recipes. Simply put flaxseed flour and water in a bowl, let sit for a couple of minutes, then use as directed within the recipe. I even have a information on learn how to make vegan egg substitutes right here.
Learn how to make gluten-free oatmeal
You may simply make your personal gluten-free oatmeal by merely putting oats in a blender and mixing or pulsing them till they’re easy and resemble flour. This can be a tremendous straightforward and inexpensive choice. Be sure you measure 3/4 cup of your oatmeal after it is made!
The precise kind of oat
These wholesome oat cookies use gluten-free oatmeal. In case you’re making them for somebody who’s gluten-free, it is essential to ensure the oats are licensed gluten-free. In case you’re not gluten-free, you should utilize old school oatmeal. Please don’t use fast oats or metal oats on this recipe as they won’t work.
Make these wholesome oatcakes your personal
- Do not skip the coconut! The shredded coconut helps bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I would not suggest leaving them out. Nonetheless, if you wish to depart it out, simply add 1/4 cup extra oatmeal as a substitute.
- Substitute the flax egg: If you wish to use an everyday egg, all it’s possible you’ll must do is add some further oatmeal. I’d guess 2-3 tablespoons of additional oatmeal would do the trick.
- Swap the coconut oil for butter: In case you’re not vegan / dairy-free, you should utilize common melted butter as a substitute of coconut oil.
- If you’d like further wholesome fat: Be happy so as to add ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Why these oat cookies are perfect for breastfeeding mums + kids
These wholesome oatcakes are similar to my lactation cookie recipe and are nice for breastfeeding mothers as they’re made with components recognized to extend milk provide, reminiscent of:
- Wholesome fat from coconut oil
- And flaxseed flour
Not solely are they nice for mothers, however these wholesome cookies are nice, more healthy treats for youths too! Throw them in a lunch field or bake them for an after college deal with. Have these cookies prepared or you may freeze them for later.
Learn how to freeze oatmeal dough for later
- Roll your cookie dough into balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill the dough within the freezer for half-hour. This is called a flash freeze.
- As soon as the cookie dough balls are set, you may switch them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container. The cookie dough might be stored for as much as 3 months.
- If you’re able to bake, simply bake the wholesome oatcakes as directed within the recipe. You most likely simply want so as to add just a few further minutes of baking time!
Learn how to Freeze Baked Wholesome Oatcakes
If you wish to freeze these already baked wholesome oatcakes for later, merely watch for them to chill utterly and place them in a reusable freezer-proof bag or container lined with wax or parchment paper. I like putting them in a single layer to keep away from cracking cookies. Cookies might be stored for as much as 2 months. When you’re accomplished consuming, simply thaw it at room temperature and revel in.
Extra wholesome biscuit recipes you may like
Gluten free chocolate piece of biscuits
The perfect lactation biscuits (for breastfeeding mums!)
Chickpea flour chocolate chip cookies
Vegan peanut butter biscuits with 5 components
V & GF Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
Learn to make wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
You’ll love these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Please let me know if you are able to do it by leaving a remark and score the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps others make the recipe! Have enjoyable xo!
Wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan & gluten-free!)
My very favourite wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that occur to be vegan and gluten free. This straightforward, wholesome oatmeal biscuit recipe is ideal for breastfeeding mothers or kids due to flax, oats and many wholesome fat. These chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are extremely scrumptious!
Room temperature water
melted and cooled coconut oil *
unsweetened desiccated coconut (don’t use giant coconut flakes)
Chocolate chips, vegan / dairy-free on request
- Uncommon sea salt for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flaxseed flour and water and let sit for five minutes whilst you end all the different components. After 5 minutes, the Flachsegg is prepared and you may add the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk collectively till easy.
Subsequent, add the oatmeal, oatmeal, desiccated coconut, baking soda and salt. Combine till every little thing is blended properly. Fold within the chocolate chips.
Use a medium-sized cookie scoop and place about 1 heaped tablespoon of batter on a ready baking sheet about 5 cm aside. It’s best to get 10 cookies. If you’d like thicker cookies, depart them unchanged. If you’d like a bit thinner biscuit, press ONLY the highest of the biscuit down a small bit. Do not overdo it – these are vegan cookies and we would like them to stay collectively!
Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes, till the perimeters are simply frivolously golden brown. As quickly because the cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle the tops with fancy sea salt.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than eradicating them and putting them on a wire rack to cease cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will make it easier to quiet down and maintain collectively. Makes 10 cookies.
If you wish to use an everyday egg, you may simply want so as to add an additional tablespoon or two of oatmeal. Nonetheless, I have never examined these on an everyday egg so I am unable to make certain.
The shredded coconut helps bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I would not suggest leaving them out. If you wish to depart it out, simply add 1/4 cup extra oatmeal.
In case you’re not vegan / dairy-free, you should utilize common melted butter as a substitute of coconut oil.
If you’d like further wholesome fat, you may add ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Servings: 10 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 biscuit
Energy: 219 kcal
Fats: 12.8 g
Saturated fatty acids: 9.6 g
Carbohydrates: 27.1 g
Fiber: 2.6 g
Sugar: 15.6 g
Protein: 1.9 g