Should you’ve seen my cake recipes you already know I LOVE a very good frosting. I did not put them on the web site individually however I believed it was time to do it as there are countless methods to make use of frosting.
This recipe was made particularly for my Chocolate Strawberry Cake (coming tomorrow!), Nevertheless it additionally goes nice along with your favourite brownie recipe, truffles, cupcakes, cookie sandwiches, and extra. Try all of my concepts beneath. xo!
Buttercream is a kind of frosting that’s naturally made out of butter in addition to sugar and milk or cream. It is tremendous fluffy and nice for adorning truffles and pastries as all of the components are overwhelmed collectively till they’re easy however have a pleasant form.
In distinction to “frosting”, which is especially made out of powdered sugar and a liquid fats like milk, conventional buttercream recipes use a sugar to butter ratio of round 2: 1. Some recipes additionally use different sources of fats resembling margarine or shortening. On this recipe we give a scrumptious vanilla buttercream frosting with a beautiful strawberry taste.
Components in strawberry buttercream
This easy strawberry buttercream recipe makes use of simply 5 easy components for a superbly fluffy strawberry frosting that you can be making again and again. Here is what you have to do it:
- Butter: Our supply of fats on this recipe is nice old style butter. I desire salted butter as a result of it has extra taste, however unsalted butter works completely.
- Powdered sugar: We’ll use loads of powdered sugar to sweeten the buttercream.
- Freeze-dried strawberries: To get that scrumptious strawberry taste, combine freeze-dried strawberries right into a effective powder.
- Vanilla: for an additional style enhance.
- Milk: You should utilize any milk you wish to dilute the strawberry buttercream a bit of.
Why use freeze-dried strawberries?
I examined this strawberry buttercream recipe in many various methods and located that utilizing freeze-dried strawberries versus strawberry jam and even recent strawberries offers the frosting and even deeper strawberry taste (and coloration!) Except you’re very ripe , Candy Strawberries, Contemporary These might not give your buttercream the strawberry taste you are searching for.
Bonus: You may make this easy strawberry icing all 12 months spherical, even when strawberries usually are not in season!
Straightforward change of components
- Make It Dairy Free: Be happy to make use of vegan butter.
- Use unrefined sugar: Simply strive my selfmade paleo powdered sugar or the sweetener powder of your selection on this strawberry buttercream recipe and let me know the way it seems! I’ve solely examined it the way in which it’s.
Tips on how to make strawberry buttercream from scratch
You will not consider how simple this strawberry buttercream recipe is!
- Combine the strawberries. You first mix your freeze dried strawberries in a blender or meals processor till they flip into a really effective powder.
- Cream the butter. Subsequent, beat your softened butter within the bowl of an electrical mixer till it is gentle and fluffy.
- Whip all the pieces collectively. Put the freeze-dried strawberry powder, powdered sugar and vanilla extract within the electrical mixer and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add a number of tablespoons of milk to skinny the frosting and beat once more till easy.
Tips on how to make buttercream frosting fluffy?
The bottom line is to slowly beat all of the components collectively and enhance the pace of your electrical mixer. This creates stunning peaks within the frosting and makes it tremendous simple to frost your favourite treats. Remember so as to add a bit of milk at a time as wanted. This additionally makes it simpler to unfold the frosting.
Methods to make use of this strawberry buttercream
The probabilities are actually countless. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to make use of this frosting:
Tips on how to retailer selfmade buttercream
- At room temperature: This strawberry buttercream will keep on a cake at room temperature for a few day.
- Within the fridge: You’ll be able to preserve the frosting within the fridge for as much as per week if you wish to prep it. Let the frosting come to room temperature earlier than utilizing it. After you have frozen your cake or different dessert, I additionally advocate storing the cake within the fridge after a day.
Can You Freeze Buttercream Frosting?
Really sure! You’ll be able to freeze this strawberry buttercream frosting in an hermetic container or freezer-friendly bag for as much as 3 months. If you’re prepared, simply let it thaw within the fridge, come to room temperature, after which beat it once more in your electrical mixer.
Hope you like this simple strawberry buttercream frosting recipe! Should you handle to do it, make sure you go away a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred it. Have enjoyable xo!
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Attractive strawberry buttercream frosting made out of 5 easy components and filled with strawberry taste. This fluffy, simple strawberry buttercream recipe is ideal to your favourite truffles, cupcakes, brownies, and extra!
heaped cup of freeze-dried strawberries *
Butter (I desire salted, however unsalted works too!) At room temperature
Milk of your selection *
Place your freeze-dried strawberries in a robust blender (or meals processor) and mix till a effective powder is shaped.
Subsequent, add the softened butter (or vegan butter) to the bowl of an electrical mixer and beat till it is gentle and fluffy.
Subsequent, add the freeze-dried strawberry powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes, beginning at low pace and going slowly to excessive.
Add a number of tablespoons of milk to skinny the frosting and beat once more till easy. Unfold in your favourite cake, biscuit or no matter your coronary heart needs!
To make vegan: use a vegan butter stick like Earth Stability.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable delicacies | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats