A chocolate brownie meets a chocolate coated strawberry, they fall in love and BOOM! This cake is born: a grain free chocolate brownie cake that’s moist, fudgy and dense; coated with a wonderful strawberry buttercream, drizzled with melted chocolate and completed off with recent strawberries.
Sure, this cake is simply as scrumptious as it’s stunning… and guess what? This chocolate strawberry cake is gluten free, grain free and simply dairy free. Good for Valentine’s day in your sweetie, or for any big day. I do know you’re going to find it irresistible.
All the things you’ll have to make this chocolate strawberry cake recipe
This glorious gluten free chocolate strawberry cake requires only a few moist elements, a couple of dry ones and a simple strawberry buttercream that you just’ll fall in love with. Right here’s every little thing you might want to make it:
- Eggs: you’ll want 4 eggs on this cake recipe to provide it the proper texture. I haven’t examined this cake with flax eggs, however let me know should you do!
- Sweetener: this strawberry chocolate cake is of course sweetened with coconut sugar and a few pure maple syrup. Use each to verify the cake is the proper, fudgy consistency.
- Almond butter: utilizing a pure, creamy almond butter creates a fair deeper taste and nice texture. See under for extra choices I like to recommend.
- Coconut oil: we’ll additionally want some melted and cooled coconut oil for additional moisture, or be happy to sub melted butter or melted vegan butter.
- Almond flour: to maintain the cake gluten & grain free you’ll want to make use of a effective, blanched almond flour. Sorry, there are not any substitutions for the flour.
- Cacao powder: for that wealthy, darkish chocolate taste we’re utilizing unsweetened cacao powder. In the event you don’t have cacao, use a great high quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some vanilla extract, baking soda and salt.
- Toppings: this cake isn’t full with out that attractive do-it-yourself strawberry buttercream frosting. Feeling additional fancy? Drizzle the chocolate ganache constituted of chocolate chips and a little bit of coconut oil, and prime with recent strawberries!
That luscious strawberry buttercream
Can we simply admire how attractive that strawberry buttercream frosting is? The perfect half is that it’s so easy to make! Get the complete recipe, ideas & tips for making it right here. (Trace: it could actually simply be made dairy free!)
Simple ingredient swaps
Out of some issues? Be happy to make these easy swaps within the strawberry chocolate cake:
- As an alternative of coconut sugar you should utilize common brown sugar.
- Attempt swapping the almond butter for a chocolate almond butter, chocolate tahini or chocolate hazelnut butter for much more chocolate taste!
- In the event you don’t have cacao powder, common unsweetened cocoa powder will work out nicely.
Can I exploit common flour?
I might not suggest utilizing some other flour on this recipe moreover the almond flour as the feel will drastically change. This cake is supposed to strictly be made with almond flour for the correct texture and taste.
Can I make it dairy free?
Sure! This gluten & grain free strawberry chocolate cake will also be made dairy free. Simply swap the common butter within the frosting to a vegan buttery stick, and use dairy free chocolate chips for the ganache.
Suggestions for making this gluten free chocolate strawberry cake
- Instruments you’ll want: you want a couple of important kitchen instruments for this recipe together with 9 inch or 6 inch cake pans, parchment paper, an offset spatula for the frosting, a great set of mixing bowls and a pleasant cake stand.
- Stop sticking: it’s important so as to add each parchment paper and nonstick cooking spray to your cake pans to stop sticking. Merely minimize the parchment paper right into a circle to put on the backside of every 6 or 9-inch pan.
- Use room temp elements: you’ll want to let the eggs come to room temperature earlier than utilizing them within the recipe, in any other case the coconut oil will coagulate the batter. The coconut oil ought to be melted however not HOT, however moderately nearer to room temperature.
- Pack your flour: you’ll need to pack your almond flour identical to you’ll with brown sugar. Don’t pack the cacao powder although.
Tips for frosting this strawberry chocolate cake
As I discussed, the strawberry buttercream frosting actually makes this cake magical. Listed below are a couple of tips for frosting it and making it stunning:
- Let the truffles cool fully. Make sure that to let the truffles cool fully earlier than frosting them in order that the frosting doesn’t soak into the truffles.
- Do a crumb coat first. Frost the layers as you usually would after which coat the surface of the cake with a really skinny layer of strawberry buttercream. Then, place the cake within the fridge for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than you end frosting. That is in order that the crumbs follow this layer of frosting and never your important layer.
- Suggestions for the drizzle: In the event you’re including the chocolate drizzle (which it’s best to!) you’ll want to place the cake within the fridge after frosting it and earlier than including the drizzle. This can enable the chocolate to set correctly on prime.
This chocolate strawberry cake will keep good at room temp for a day or so, then ought to be positioned within the fridge. It’s going to keep good for 5-7 days within the fridge, and ought to be coated to make sure freshness.
Be happy to make the absolutely frosted cake or simply the baked cake layers 1-2 days forward of time and maintain them wrapped within the fridge or freezer! It’s going to nonetheless be scrumptious.
Freezer-friendly chocolate strawberry cake
Be happy to freeze this chocolate strawberry cake both frosted or unfrosted for as much as 2 months. I like to recommend freezing it unfrosted and in particular person layers for finest outcomes:
- As soon as the truffles are cool, merely wrap every particular person layer in plastic wrap & aluminum foil.
- Place the truffles in a zip-top freezer bag.
- While you’re able to serve it, thaw it within the fridge in a single day after which let the cake come to room temperature earlier than serving.
Extra cake recipes you’ll love
Wholesome Birthday Cake
Grain Free Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
The Greatest Paleo Chocolate Cake with Paleo Chocolate Frosting
Rattling Good Peanut Butter Banana Cake (gluten free, grain free)
The Greatest Wholesome Carrot Cake You’ll Ever Eat (gluten free & paleo-friendly!)
I hope you like this glorious inside out chocolate coated strawberry cake recipe! In the event you make it you’ll want to depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Inside Out Chocolate Lined Strawberry Cake
Whole Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Lovely inside out chocolate coated strawberry cake topped with a luscious, do-it-yourself strawberry buttercream frosting. This glorious, grain and gluten free chocolate strawberry cake is definitely dairy free and makes the proper dessert for Valentine’s Day or celebrations! Add a drizzle of chocolate ganache for the final word indulgence.
- Moist elements:
eggs, at room temperature
pure maple syrup
melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub melted butter or vegan butter)
- Dry elements:
packed effective blanched almond flour
unsweetened cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- For the frosting:
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- For the chocolate ganache:
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired (we love darkish chocolate!)
- To garnish:
complete strawberries, stems eliminated
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line the underside of three 6-inch spherical cake pans or two 9-inch spherical cake pans with parchment paper rounds. Spray parchment paper and sides of the pans with nonstick cooking spray. YOU SHOULD USE PARCHMENT PAPER or the cake is prone to stick. Please don’t forget.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract till easy. Slowly whisk within the melted and cooled coconut oil till it’s nicely included. The combination ought to be very easy and nicely mixed. Notice: It can be crucial that your eggs are at room temperature in any other case the coconut oil will coagulate. The coconut oil ought to be melted however not HOT, however moderately nearer to room temperature.
In a separate bowl, whisk the almond flour, cacao/cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry elements to the moist elements and blend nicely with a rubber spatula till easy.
Divide batter evenly between pans and unfold out with a spatula to easy the tops. Permit batter to sit down in pans whereas your oven preheats. Bake for 17-28 minutes within the two 9-inch pans or 20-25 minutes for 3 6-inch pans. Muffins are completed when a tester comes out clear or with only a few crumbs connected. Permit the cake to chill for Quarter-hour earlier than eradicating from the pans and inserting on a wire rack to complete cooling. The cake ought to be fully cool earlier than you frost it. This is essential. Muffins will be made a day or two forward should you’d like.
Make your frosting: first add your freeze dried strawberries to a excessive powered blender (or a meals processor) and mix till they develop into a effective powder. Subsequent, within the bowl of an electrical mixer, add the softened butter (or vegan butter) and whip on excessive till mild and fluffy. Subsequent, add the freeze-dried strawberry powder, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and beat for 2-3 minutes extra, beginning on low velocity and slowly rising to excessive. Add in a couple of tablespoons of milk to skinny the frosting out, beat once more till easy.
Now it’s time to frost the cake: place a couple of tablespoon tablespoons down onto the cake stand and unfold over a couple of inches. Invert one cake onto the cake stand, add about ½ heaping cup frosting between every layer, repeat with every cake, then frost the highest and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. If needed, you are able to do a crumb coat right here: frost the layers as you usually would after which coat the surface of the cake with a really skinny layer of frosting then place within the fridge for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than you end frosting. That is in order that the crumbs follow this layer of frosting and never your important layer. As soon as you might be completed frosting, place your cake within the fridge. That is vital! The frosting must be considerably cool so the chocolate drizzle will set correctly on prime.
To make the chocolate ganache drizzle: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave secure bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, till chocolate is easy and fully melted. Take away cake from the fridge and pour excessive of the cake. It ought to naturally begin to drip down the perimeters, but when it doesn’t, use a spoon to unfold the chocolate slightly in the direction of the perimeters to create a drip look on the perimeters. Place complete strawberries on prime of the cake and place within the fridge till chocolate hardens.
Cake will keep good at room temp for a day or so, then ought to be positioned within the fridge. Cake will keep good for 5-7 days within the fridge, and ought to be coated to make sure freshness. Get pleasure from!
To retailer: I like to recommend storing the cake coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
*Utilizing a chocolate almond butter on this cake makes it much more scrumptious, or you should utilize chocolate tahini or chocolate hazelnut butter!
Be happy to slice up additional strawberries and place them in between the layers should you’d like.
To freeze: be happy to freeze this cake both frosted or unfrosted for as much as 2 months. I like to recommend freezing it unfrosted and in particular person layers for finest outcomes. First, wrap every particular person layer in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil after which place the truffles in a zip-top freezer bag. While you’re able to serve it, merely thaw it within the fridge in a single day after which let the cake come to room temperature earlier than serving.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats